the Arizona Immigration law is not racist. I listened as Glenn Beck read it over the air this morning, and I have heard nothing that can be deemed racist, and I should know. In fact in several places, the law states that no discrimination of race, national origin, etc. can be used to stop persons.
However, the U.N. decreed that the law can potentially lead to discrimination of Hispanics. this is bullshit. it seems that the only people that it is legal to discriminate against are Whites.
I am an Ethnic Minority known as a Cajun. and since the U.N. decreed that ethnic minorities have the right to their linguistic heritage, I will be pushing for Cajun-French classes in schools. there are still plenty of elderly folks around here that speak our language, like my Grandmother Ophelia, who was interviewed by a Canadian journalist about her childhood and the discrimination all our ancestors faced at the English schools. She, like so many of her peers, were punished with a ruler slap to the hand for speaking Cajun-French at school. where was the U.N. for this? Mawmaw is 87. She published a DVD of the interview and it is available with French and English subtitles, as the entire video is spoken in Cajun French.
I want to thank the Cajun Hero who, because he was called a "coonass" by his employer, got our people recognized as an ethnic minority. Our ancestors left France over 300 years ago and settled in Acadia (now called nova scotia) because they would not swear allegiance to a non-catholic king. then the French and Indian war happened, and my people were the French and Indians. we were then exiled from Canada because we would not fight against the Indians, and would not swear allegiance to the English king. we traveled far and many died until we found our Eden: Acadiana (southern Louisiana) and though the territory had not yet been purchased and was still being fought over between the French and the Spanish, our people lived in the Swamps and got along with the local Atatkapa-Chitimacha tribes the same way we got along with the MicMak tribes in Canada.
now, I agree with the new Arizona immigration legislation. people have a right to defend their boarders so they are not ruled by foreign powers. people do not have a right to live in arizona illegally.
many thanks to Glenn Beck; and my ancestors and kinfolk who fought and died in the war for Southern States Independence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment